Re: STABLE has no effect on PL/pgsql functions - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: STABLE has no effect on PL/pgsql functions
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 11:54 +0300, psql-novice@netzach.co.il wrote:
> I noted in my PG 7.4 on Debian Sarge the following behavior:

Pg 7.4 is 3 versions out of date.  Even Debian Sarge is no longer Debian
stable; I think you need to get up to date.

> EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT *,reallyHeavyFunctionDefinedAsImmutable() FROM
> my_table;
> time taken: forever
>
> EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT *,
> (SELECT reallyHeavyFunctionDefinedAsImmutable())
> FROM my_table;
> time taken: not very long

You have to post the full output of both for anyone to have a chance of
explaining the difference.
   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html