Re: Logging checkpoints and other slowdown causes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Logging checkpoints and other slowdown causes
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 21:25 +0100, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> - RequestCheckpoint and CreateCheckpoint was changed to take a
> CheckpointReason enum as argument, instead of boolean flags. This allows
> printing a different message depending on the cause of checkpoint, and
> is also cleaner IMHO.

Looks good.

I'd be inclined to make the reason code for creating/dropping database
the same and just say "Cluster DDL" or something, since for analysis
purposes we just want to know it was DDL.

I'd rather see the timings in seconds rather than ms. Counting
significant digits will be a pain...

--
  Simon Riggs