Re: PATCH: pg_restore parallel-execution-deadlock issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PATCH: pg_restore parallel-execution-deadlock issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 3:05 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> 2. Armin proposes that WaitForTerminatingWorkers needs to do CloseHandle()
>>> on the various thread handles.  That sounds plausible but I don't know
>>> enough Windows programming to know if it really matters.
>>>
>>> 3. Should we replace ExitThread() with _endthreadex()?  Again, it
>>> seems plausible but I'm not the person to ask.

>> I think point (2) and (3) are related because using _endthreadex won't close
>> the thread handle explicitly [1].

> Yep.

OK, I pushed something based on that.  It's untested by me but the
buildfarm should tell us if I broke anything too badly.

I believe we've now dealt with all the issues originally raised by
Armin, so I've marked this patch committed in the CF app.