Re: Memory ordering issue in LWLockRelease, WakeupWaiters, WALInsertSlotRelease - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Memory ordering issue in LWLockRelease, WakeupWaiters, WALInsertSlotRelease
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> You didn't really explain why you think that ordering is necessary?

Actually, after grepping to check my memory of what those fields are
being used for, I have a bigger question: WTF is xlog.c doing being
so friendly with the innards of LWLocks?  Surely this needs to get
refactored so that most of WakeupWaiters() and friends is in lwlock.c.
Or has all notion of modularity gone out the window while I wasn't
looking?