Re: Ever Increasing IOWAIT - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Lewis
Subject Re: Ever Increasing IOWAIT
Date
List pgsql-performance
You're not swapping are you?  One explanation could be that PG is
configured to think it has access to a little more memory than the box
can really provide, which forces it to swap once it's been running for
long enough to fill up its shared buffers or after a certain number of
concurrent connections are opened.

-- Mark Lewis