robust handling of initial connection with net interfaces down - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Adrian Custer
Subject robust handling of initial connection with net interfaces down
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
hey all,

i'm trying to make our app's connection to postgresql robust. In
testing, I've noticed that if the network interfaces don't exist, the
java instance locks up.

0.setup the server e.g. localhost:5432, user:auser, password:hello

1. Take down your network e.g. ifdown lo

2. run a simple connect to postgresql jdbc such as the file attached

==> the file hangs indefinitely.

Does anyone have a suggestion for preventing this?

Thanks,
adrian

Attachment