Re: PostgreSQL compilation with custom table name length - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL compilation with custom table name length
Date
7.3RC1 ?? Re: PostgreSQL compilation with custom table name length  ("Ron St.Pierre" <rstpierre@syscor.com>)
List pgsql-general
Henry Pedask <henry@sekretar.ee> writes:
> I want to use PostgreSQL with this CMS system EZ Publish
> But installation manual of EZ Publish says that if I want to use PostgreSQL with EZ, Postgre has to be compiled with:

> NAMEDATALEN 64 (instead of 32)
> in the source file : src/include/postgres_ext.h
> When I compile postgre 7.2.3 with that change, it compiles ok, but it can't create databases/database tables on my
RedHat8.0system. (I can create tables without that change)
> 'initdb' crashes.

You probably skipped doing "make clean" before "make all"; you need to
be sure that everything gets recompiled after making such a change.

Or you could move to 7.3rc1 --- NAMEDATALEN is 64 by default in 7.3.

            regards, tom lane