Re: one more performance question I cannot test yet :( - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sergei Shelukhin
Subject Re: one more performance question I cannot test yet :(
Date
List pgsql-general
On Apr 15, 12:13 am, "Sergei Shelukhin" <realg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Suppose there's a table with two text fields and a lot of int fields.
> THe table will be huge, updated constantly, and will be searched by
> all of the int fields, whereas text fields will be for display only.
>
> Does it make sense to split it vertically into two tables, one with
> ints and one with texts, and join them in queries to make it faster?

Also, with a limited test data I have, I tried running queries against
two table scheme...
ifyou join two tables by id = id ( both ids are primary keys) it uses
hash join, however as soon as you add a condition on one of the
columns in ints' table, it degrades to nested loop. Wtf? Is there any
way to force it to used clustered indexes for gods sake?!