Re: Synchronized Scan WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Synchronized Scan WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 08:27 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 01:42 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > SYNC_SCAN_REPORT_INTERVAL 100
>
> Jeff,
>
> This will stop SeqScans from working with buffer recycling, unless we
> put the recycle limit to more than 100. That was why I requested you set
> this to 16, so we can use a recycle buffer of 32.

Yes, you're correct. If it's set at 100 it should still work by using
the OS buffer cache to catch up (and then be within a few buffers), but
I think you're right that 16 is the correct value.

I'll change my patch to be 16. I don't think I need to send along a
diff ;)

Thanks,
    Jeff Davis