Re: Tsearch2 / Create rule on select - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Michel Pouré
Subject Re: Tsearch2 / Create rule on select
Date
List pgsql-general
Le samedi 10 mars 2007 à 08:32 +0300, Oleg Bartunov a écrit :
> btw, we're working on new FTS feature of PostgreSQL, it's basically
> tsearch integrated into the pg core. But it has some new features and
> new SQL commands for configuring of FTS, so if the matter is not
> pressing I'd recommend
> to check http://mira.sai.msu.su/~megera/pgsql/ftsdoc

Great. Thank you very much Oleg.
As suggested, I will play with tsearch_core-0.37.gz patch.

After testing first, I might be interested in using tseach_core on a
production database. It is a community forum with 200.000 messages.
tseach-core would only be used for searching messages. There is no money
at stake, the database is backed-up twice a day using cron jobs.

Whenever a bug happens, are there chances that PostgreSQL database gets
perverted? On only the parser? If there is no chance to destroy the
database, I may be interested in using Tsearch-core in production,
quickly.

When will tsearch-core become part of CVS-head?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel