Re: No buffer space available - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nik
Subject Re: No buffer space available
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 6, 2:20 pm, andrej.gro...@gmail.com ("Andrej Ricnik-Bay")
wrote:
> On 3/7/07, andyk <a...@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> > 1) try to use client software, which is not depends on libpq,
> > or
> > 2) divide your query into smaller parts,
> > or
> > 3) use software which parses long queries, separates them into single
> > SQL commands and then executes this commands one by one.
>
> 4) use Postgres on a Unix-type operating system...

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Thanks for the suggestions. I chose to divide the query into two
different sets of inserts. This seems to work.

Now I wonder why is it that I started getting WSANOBUFS errors from
Windows Socket System if this same setup with the same machines has
been operational for over a year? The query size did not change and
the number of connections to the server did not change. Is there any
good reason for this error to start showing up?