Re: PL/Python warnings in CVS HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: PL/Python warnings in CVS HEAD
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 14:29 -0500, Neil Conway wrote:
> No, it just looks like a Python API 2.5 change to me

Attached is a patch that fixes the warnings. Unfortunately, it seems
this patch won't compile against Python 2.4: the 2.5 API requires the
use of some typedef's that AFAICS were only introduced in 2.5.

Since we presumably still want to support Python < 2.5, we can either
not apply this patch and tolerate the warnings, or else we can
workaround the incompatibility with some preprecessor hackery (e.g.
supply the missing typedef's ourselves if Python doesn't provide them).

Comments?

-Neil

Attachment