PEAR Problem - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gurudutt
Subject PEAR Problem
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

It's me again. I have been able to solve most of the porting problems
from mysql to pgsql. But I have got struck in one place. I have a
problem where PEAR's associative array doesn't recognise the mix case
letters.

eg . I issue a query through PEAR db and get results using fetchRow of
PEAR. Now I have set associative array feature ON.

suppose the query is

select NetCode,NetworkName from NetworkTab;

this would return the result into a variable called $dbRow

to echo the contents returned by the pgsql, I have to give
$dbRow[NetCode] and $dbRow[NetworkName]

This used to work perfectly fine with mysql, but as I moved to pgsql,
PEAR started to return nothing

like if i echo $dbRow[NetCode] it prints nothing

but in the same echo is I change it echo $dbRow[netcode], it prints
the value of the Network Code.

How do I handle this situation. The application is fully written with Mix Case
letters for the database fields and returned result set.

And one more thing "SET AUTOCOMMIT=0" which is to set auto commiting
to "No" in mysql doesn't work in pgsql what is the equivalent command.

--
Best regards,
 Gurudutt                          mailto:guru@indvalley.com

Life is not fair - get used to it.