Re: A little COPY speedup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: A little COPY speedup
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 10:09 +0000, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Well, there's one big change: your patch to suppress WAL logging on
> tables created in the same transaction.

OK, just checking thats what you meant.

> All the page locking related functions account for ~10% in total,
> including the LWLockAcquire/Release, Pin/UnBuffer, hash_any and so on.
> And then there's all the memcpying...

I think its a great spot that PageAddItem() was so bad. I realise I
didn't actually look at what it was doing, just looked at ways to avoid
doing it on each individual call to the block for each row.

--
  Simon Riggs