Slony Replication problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Slawek
Subject Slony Replication problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

  I tring to set up Slony replication and am having issues with
repeatability.

Configuration: 2 nodes
Slony ver.: 1.2.6
OS: SuSE Linux 9.2

About 1/3 of the time, replication does not start properly.  I think
I've traced it down to the fact that sometimes the second node is not
created properly in the prime db.  I can see this by querying the
sl_node table where only 1 node (the prime) appears.  On the backup
db, both nodes appear properly.  To create the node, I'm using the
following slonik script

    try {
        echo 'Storing node 2';
        store node (id = 2, comment = 'Node 2');
    }
    on error {
        echo 'Could not create Node 2!';
        exit -1;
    }

No error is thrown when this code is ran, so as far as slonik script
is concerned everything is OK.

Questions:
1) What could be causing the second node to fail to be created?  If
this is a timing issue, is there an event, or some data, I could check
to make sure that the 2nd node is ready to be created?
2) I discover that this error has occured after Slony is started on
both servers, and the replication set is subscribed to.  If I have to
recreate this 2nd node on the prime server, what do I have to do?

Thank you,

Slawek