Still unclear about PQexecParams and "create view" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phil Endecott
Subject Still unclear about PQexecParams and "create view"
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear All,

I'm still unsure about whether I am allowed to use PQexecParams to
execute a create view command with $n parameters; reading between the
lines of Peter Eisentraut's message I get the impression that this
isn't going to work.  So:

- Can anyone offer a list of which commands are compatible with
PQexecParams and which aren't?

- Is this likely to change any time soon?

- Would you agree that not giving an error message immediately is a bug?

- Since I have now changed all my code to use PQexecParams and binary
parameters, I think it is easiest for me to put a wrapper around it
that substitutes $ parameters before passing them to PQexec.  I'll post
the code when I have it working - but maybe someone has already done this?

Cheers,

Phil.