Re: Updated XML patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From
Subject Re: Updated XML patch
Date
Re: Updated XML patch  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
Here is an updated updated XML patch.  Unless there are objections of
the sort that this approach is totally wrong or there is crash
potential, I'd like to get this committed this week and fill in the
gaps next year.

Peter - I have a few quick questions about the XML patch that you submitted back in December.

Nikolay's original patch included support for XMLGEN(), but your patch does not.

Are you planning to add XMLGEN() support?  And if so, will it work basically the same (from the user's perspective) as the XMLGEN() syntax in Nikolay's patch?

Is there a problem lurking in XMLGEN() or is just something that you haven't had a chance to complete?

Thanks.

            -- Korry

--
  Korry Douglas    korryd@enterprisedb.com