Re: PostgreSQL: Number of waiting connections too high - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL: Number of waiting connections too high
Date
List pgsql-admin
Atul Kumar <akumar14871@gmail.com> writes:
> I am getting below error of
> PostgreSQL: Number of waiting connections too high.

Hmm ... the other responses presumed that what you are running into
is ERRCODE_TOO_MANY_CONNECTIONS (53300), but I'm not entirely
convinced, because the standard wording of the message for that
is "sorry, too many clients already".  I think you have some
client-side issue.  Alternatively, maybe you are already using
a connection pooler and this message is coming from that.
In that case, you need to reconfigure the pooler to allow
more clients.

            regards, tom lane