Re: psql possible TODO - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: psql possible TODO
List pgsql-hackers
> No, I mean control-P as in "recall the previous entry".  What you showed
> takes *more* work to recall a recent entry than hitting control-P a few
> times.  It has vastly greater chance of error, too, ie, executing the
> wrong command for lack of any feedback about what it is you're really
> about to execute.  I will grant that control-P isn't a good way to
> recall an entry from dozens or hundreds of commands ago, but that's what
> control-R is for; and I don't see that a command number would help any
> for that anyway.

control-R isn't real useful for 17 queries that are exactly the same
except for 3 different join clauses. It also isn't useful when you don't
know exactly what query you are looking for.

> > Just like bash.
>
> What we have is just like bash --- at least the parts of it that I use.

Yes, and I am trying to add more functionality that is like bash :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/