[SOLVED] Re: authentication question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig White
Subject [SOLVED] Re: authentication question
Date
List pgsql-general
Just in case others follow in my footsteps - this may prove to be
helpful.

Summary of problem: CentOS 4.4 - SELinux enabled - authorizing pam based
users

### Created file /etc/pam.d/postgresql (I'm using LDAP) [*]
# cat /etc/pam.d/postgresql
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_loginuid.so

### Set SELinux security contexts for this file....
# chcon -u system_u -r object_r /etc/pam.d/postgresql

### Already had installed rpm selinux-policy-targeted-sources
### You will need this package
###
### Added to file /etc/selinux/src/targeted/policy/domains/local.te
# cat /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/domains/local.te
# postgres/pam
allow postgresql_t self:netlink_audit_socket create;
allow postgresql_t self:netlink_audit_socket nlmsg_relay;
allow postgresql_t self:netlink_audit_socket read;
allow postgresql_t self:netlink_audit_socket write;
allow postgresql_t var_lib_t:file read;

### the last line of the changes to local.te were necessary only for
### postgresql user to be able to read /var/lib/pgsql/.ldaprc
###
### now load this new policy into selinux
# cd /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy
# make reload

Now, I am able to log in as a user from LDAP - with the obvious
provisions that the user is a user in postgres (password not needed
since that is from LDAP), and pg_hba.conf is properly configured.

[*] Tom's suggestion for /etc/pam.d/postgresql file
#%PAM-1.0
auth            required        pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account         required        pam_stack.so service=system-auth

Thanks Tom/Alvaro

Craig