Select permissions on system tables - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From ketema@gmail.com
Subject Select permissions on system tables
Date
List pgsql-novice
I created a view as:
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW caviar_schemas AS
 SELECT n.oid::integer AS schema_id,
n.nspname::information_schema.sql_identifier::text AS schema_name
   FROM pg_namespace n, pg_authid u
  WHERE n.nspowner = u.oid AND pg_has_role(n.nspowner, 'MEMBER'::text)
AND u.rolname::information_schema.sql_identifier::text <>
'postgres'::text
  ORDER BY n.nspname::information_schema.sql_identifier::text;

I then granted Select permissions on both the view and underlying
tables to public.  When I select form the table as a non super user I
get no error, but no rows.  Super users select from the view and
underlying tables fine.  How can I give select only permissions to this

view to non super users?

Thanks