Database recovery in postgres 7.2.4. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Santosh
Subject Database recovery in postgres 7.2.4.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi All.

My setup is as follows:
OS: Sun Solaris 5.8.
Postgres: 7.2.4

I have very large database, which contain 15 tables and each table is
contain more than 10,00,000 records.

My application is parsing text data files and inserting records into
database.

When this process was running last night, machine was got down because
of power failure.

Today when I come back to office and I have compaired record count in
data files and in database and find that some records are missing in
database.

Then I have checked postgres log and found log similar to as follows:
DEBUG:  The DataBase system was not properly shut downAutomatic recovery is in progress...
DEBUG:  Redo starts at (0, 1064)

I have read some WAL related stuff on postgres site but not found any
solution to recover those uncommited records.

Can any one tell me how to recover those missing records?

Thanks,
Santosh