Should we coordinate a slashdot submission for 8.2? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jeff Davis
Subject Should we coordinate a slashdot submission for 8.2?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Most major PostgreSQL news gets slashdotted, and I'm sure that makes up
a big part of the press PostgreSQL receives (as far as mindshare, at
least).

Should we coordinate a slashdot submission? I know it's non-
deterministic which one they choose, but I would think a submission from
Josh (since he's the official advocacy leader) would be more likely to
be used, if available.

Perhaps it would be beneficial because there is not room in a slashdot
blurb for the full press release. I would think that carefully chosen
words would benefit us more than waiting for a community member to send
in a submission.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis