dropdb cmd line args - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sami
Subject dropdb cmd line args
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I am new to Postgres. I am using PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on WinXP.

I tried using dropdb.exe to drop a database I created using pgAdminIII.

It seems to me that dropdb.exe expects arguments in an apparently weird
kind of way.

When I give the program the following arguments, it throws up an error:

> dropdb -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres - W password dataBaseToDrop

Error: "dropdb: too many command-line arguments (first is "test1")
Try "dropdb --help" for more information."

However, the following just gives a message I do not expect:

> dropdb -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres - W password

Database "password" will be permanently removed.
Are you sure? (y/n) n

Is this acceptable/normail behavior?

Thanks

Sami