Re: pg_dump problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump problem
Date
List pgsql-general
SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH <sharmi_jo@yahoo.com> writes:
> pg_dump: failed sanity check, parent table OID 670739 of pg_rewrite entry OID 670741 not found

> What causes this problem?

Corrupt system tables, looks like :-(  What PG version is this?

I would suggest checking to see if either of those OIDs appears in
either the objid or refobjid columns of pg_depend.  If not, the
most likely theory is that this pg_rewrite entry somehow didn't
get deleted when its parent table was dropped.  You could just
delete it manually, eg,
    delete from pg_rewrite where oid = 670741;

If you do find other traces of the table it might be better to try
to resurrect the table (actually it's most likely a view not a
table).

            regards, tom lane