Re: Porting from ORACLE to PostgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Mair
Subject Re: Porting from ORACLE to PostgSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
>  I need to porting many old ORACLE-oriented-SQL files and I have many
> problem with this code. Sometimes the code use some types not supported
> in PosgSQL like "number" or "varchar2", there fore, can I write some
> type of declaration (like in c : #define alias_name name) in order to
> make PosgSQL recognize these types? Or there are other solution that you
> recommend to use ?

You might look into the contrib package "ora2pg".

There's also a more ambitious project called "protopg".
That's in pre-alpha state, though. A development snapshots
for the *very* *adventurous* can be obtained here:
http://protopg.projects.postgresql.org/nightlies/

Bye, Chris.

--

Chris Mair