error msg when pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From nuno
Subject error msg when pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
good'ay everyone.

i have this problem which may not be a big deal, however, it'd be great
if you could help me if possible.

when i restore a database (using a backup file), it shows me some error
messages which do not seem to matter at all (there is no data lost in
the database, and maybe they're just warning messages...).

anyway, for example, my error messsages are like...
(error messages...)
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 20; 1255 18499583
FUNCTION plpg
sql_validator(oid) postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  function
public.plp
gsql_validator(oid) does not exist
    Command was: DROP FUNCTION public.plpgsql_validator(oid);
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 19; 1255 18499582
FUNCTION plpg
sql_call_handler() postgres
(more error messages...)
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 27

i have no idea why i had these errors. and i don't think they are
meaningful at all as i said earlied there is no data lost in the
database.

does anyone know how to turn this checking off so that i don't see
messages like them anymore.

thanks very much for your time.

regards, nuno