Re: how to increase performance of Postgre - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: how to increase performance of Postgre
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 01:44, Javanesevn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My project ( web application) is using Postgre 8.1 and PHP 4.x (ADO
> library to access database). And I would like to increase perfomance, so
> I changed configuration follow this:
> shared_buffers = 16000(Default = 1000)
> wal_buffers = 64(Default = 8)
> But this setting is not strong effect. Please show me other way or your
> idea to resolve my problem. Thanks a lot.

You need to subscribe to the pgsql-performance list, and once there,
post the queries that are running slow, and the output of running them
with

explain analyze YOUR QUERY GOES HERE

Not explain, explain analyze.

Generally, the more information you give the better.