Re: [HACKERS] Re: Patch to support transactions with BLOBs for current CVS - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: Patch to support transactions with BLOBs for current CVS
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Can people comment on the following patch that Dennis says is needed?

I object strongly.  As given, this would break lo_creat, lo_unlink,
lo_import, and lo_export --- none of which need to be in a transaction
block --- not to mention possibly causing gratuitous failures during
lo_commit.

I'm not convinced that we need such a check at all; I don't see anything
especially wrong with the existing behavior.  But if we do want it, this
is the wrong abstraction level.  be-fsstubs.c is the place to do it,
and only in the routines that take or return an open-LO descriptor.

            regards, tom lane