Re: New shared memory hooks proposal (was Re: - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Marc Munro
Subject Re: New shared memory hooks proposal (was Re:
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 16:36 -0700, Marc Munro wrote:
> The attached patch provides add-ins with the means to register for
> shared memory and LWLocks.  This greatly improves the ease with which
> shared memory may be used from add-ins, while blah blah blah....

I have tried to be patient but this is my first patch and the suspense
is killing me.

I'd like some idea of what is likely to happen to this patch.  If it's a
non-starter I'd like to know.  Ditto if it needs work.  I realise
everyone is busy right now, so I'm also prepared to be told to be
patient; I'd just like to know it hasn't been overlooked and forgotten
in the sudden rush of more interesting patches.

Just to re-iterate, this patch enables Veil
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/veil/ to be a good postgres citizen,
removing its motivation to steal shared memory.

__
Marc

Attachment