Re: New shared memory hooks proposal (was Re: - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New shared memory hooks proposal (was Re:
Date
List pgsql-patches
Marc Munro <marc@bloodnok.com> writes:
>> The attached patch provides add-ins with the means to register for
>> shared memory and LWLocks.  This greatly improves the ease with which
>> shared memory may be used from add-ins, while blah blah blah....

> I have tried to be patient but this is my first patch and the suspense
> is killing me.

Sorry about that, but we're at the end of the development cycle and
there's a long list of patches awaiting review :-(.  Yours seems
unlikely to affect any other work, so it's not high on the priority
list to get pushed in.

> I'd like some idea of what is likely to happen to this patch.

We'll look at it, and you will have an opportunity to fix anything
anyone doesn't like.  Most likely this will happen in early August.
If you have schedule constraints (like you're on vacation in August)
you should let us know.

            regards, tom lane