Re: Making config file parser available to add-ins - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc Munro
Subject Re: Making config file parser available to add-ins
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 20:31 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Marc Munro wrote:
> > I want Veil (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/veil/) to be able to read
> > configuration details from a configuration file.
>
> What kind of details?  By the time any server-side module is loaded, the
> configuration file has already been read, so why would you need to read
> it again?

I want to read a veil config file rather than the postgres config file.
Basically, I just want access to the rather nice config file parser that
already exists.

As for the kind of details:
- how much shared memory to allocate for veil
- the size of the hash tables for veil's shared variables

__
Marc