Re: stress test for parallel workers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: stress test for parallel workers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hehe, the dodgy looking magic numbers *were* wrong:
> - * The kernel signal delivery code writes up to about 1.5kB
> + * The kernel signal delivery code writes a bit over 4KB
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linuxppc-dev/patch/20200724092528.1578671-2-mpe@ellerman.id.au/

... and, having seemingly not learned a thing, they just replaced
them with new magic numbers.  Mumble sizeof() mumble.

Anyway, I guess the interesting question for us is how long it
will take for this fix to propagate into real-world systems.
I don't have much of a clue about the Linux kernel workflow,
anybody want to venture a guess?