Dynamic table with variable number of columns - Mailing list pgsql-general

From nkunkov@optonline.net
Subject Dynamic table with variable number of columns
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
I'm a pgsql novice and here is what I'm trying to do:
1.    I need to create a dynamic table with the column names fetched
from the database using a select statement from some other table.  Is
it possible?  Could you point me to a simple example on how to do it?
2.   I would like to compare the list of coulmn names which are values
fetched from some table with the column names of the existing table.
If one of the names doesn't exist as a column name of my table, I'd
like to dynamically alter the table and add a coulmn with the name just
fetched from the DB.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
NK