Re: BUG #11457: The below query crashes 9.3.5, but not 9.3.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #11457: The below query crashes 9.3.5, but not 9.3.4
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We could probably hack solutions to these problems without changing the
>> AppendRelInfo data structures, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good
>> idea to redefine them or at least add more fields to make it easier to
>> work with multi-level appendrel ancestry.

> Hm. Something like oldest_parent_reltype and oldest_parent_relid when
> defining it? IMHO it would be nice to avoid simple hacks if possible but is
> changing AppendRelInfo really something back-patchable at this point?

It seems unlikely that any extensions are creating these structs for
themselves.  So I think we could safely add fields at the end in back
branches.  We've done that before in other planner structs.

            regards, tom lane