Calling a SP from Curosor loop - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From satishchandra999@gmail.com
Subject Calling a SP from Curosor loop
Date
List pgsql-performance
I have SP, which has a cursor iterations. Need to call another SP for
every loop iteration of the cursor. The pseudo code is as follows..

Create proc1 as
Begin

Variable declrations...

declare EffectiveDate_Cursor cursor for
select field1,fld2 from tab1,tab2 where tab1.effectivedate<Getdate()
---/////Assuming the above query would result in 3 records
Open EffectiveDate_Cursor
Fetch next From EffectiveDate_Cursor Into @FLD1,@FLD2
begin
    /*Calling my second stored proc with fld1 as a In parameter
and Op1 and OP2 Out parameters*/
    Exec sp_minCheck @fld1, @OP1 output,@OP2 output
     Do something based on Op1 and Op2.
end
While @@Fetch_Status = 0
Fetch next From EffectiveDate_Cursor Into @FLD1,@FLD2
/* Assume If loop count is 3.
 and If the Fetch stmt is below the begin Stmt, the loop iterations are
4 else the loop iterations are 2*/
begin
    /*Calling my second stored proc with fld1 as a In parameter and Op1
and OP2 Out parameters*/
    Exec sp_minCheck @fld1, @OP1 output,@OP2 output
     Do something based on Op1 and Op2.
end

The problem I had been facing is that, the when a stored proc is called
within the loop, the proc is getting into infinite loops.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Satish