Re: fmgr changes not yet ported to AIX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fmgr changes not yet ported to AIX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> Just wanted to give a short message, that current snapshot does not
> compile on AIX due to the fmgr changes.

Without more details, that's completely unhelpful.

> What exactly does it gain except masking badly written code
> (casts to wrong datatype like ints to longs) that goof the optimizers and
> 64bit ports
> and solving the null value problem ?

> My ideas would be:
>     - multi row returns
>     - multi column returns (not opaque)

I've said before and I'll say it again: all I'm doing in this round is
fixing our portability and NULL-value problems.  Better handling of sets
and tuples is a higher-level problem.  If you want to start working on
that, be my guest...