Re: Form builder? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From webb.sprague@gmail.com
Subject Re: Form builder?
Date
Re: Form builder?
List pgsql-general
So far, here are the candidates:  Andromeda, Lazarus, and Rekall.

I was probably fairly inarticulate in my first post, but none of these
seem to meet my criteria for automatic generation of forms based on the
database definition.  Most of the above frameworks have a good deal
more functionality than I need, at least at first.  Really I want to be
able to open, say, ipython and type:

Someobject.form(table='sometablename', times=3)

(Maybe at the SQL prompt:  "> \form name=name times=3")

And have it give cycle three times through a reasonable (though
possibly still imperfect) form for entering three rows in table
sometablename.  I don't want to do any developing except for finding
out the table names in the database.  I don't want to drag and drop
forms into a visual editor and hook them up with procedures, and any
extra processing should be done inside the database via triggers,
defaults, etc (so the system would have to handle rollbacks and notices
gracefully).  Speed of data entry is the most important thing in the
form and form chain itself. I have some ideas for chaining together
forms when there are FK's, but I will talk about that later.

I think it may be up to me at this point.  Would anyone else find this
useful?