Re: Moving test_fsync to /contrib? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Moving test_fsync to /contrib?
Date
Re: Moving test_fsync to /contrib?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Moving test_fsync to /contrib?  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> It seems like /contrib would be more natural, no? �/bin seems like
>> overkill because most people will not want to run it. �Most of /contrib
>> is installed already by installers, I think.

> At least on Red Hat, it is packaged separately.

On Red Hat, it is not packaged at all (at least not by me), and won't
be unless it goes into contrib.  I don't believe it belongs in the
base package.

Also, it's not going to get packaged at all unless it gets renamed to
something less generic, maybe pg_test_fsync; I'm not going to risk the
oppobrium of sticking something named "test_fsync" into /usr/bin.
Moving to contrib would be a good opportunity to fix the name.