Re: [HACKERS] ExecPrepareExprList and per-query context - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ExecPrepareExprList and per-query context
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> Should ExecPrepareExprList also switch to estate->es_query_cxt?

Good point; I'm surprised we haven't noted any failures from that.
We surely want the entire result data structure to be in the same
memory context.  There are not very many callers right now, and
I guess they are all in the right context already (or we aren't
testing them :-().

> Or maybe
> ExecPrepareExpr could itself detect that passed-in node is a List and
> create the list of ExprState nodes by itself.

-1.  That's just breaking the API of ExecPrepareExpr.