Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Petr Jelinek <pjmodos@pjmodos.net> writes:
> However there is one question about implementing it in plpgsql.
> Currently, the compiler reads info directly from heap tuple, so I either
> have to write separate compiler for inline functions or change the
> existing one to accept the required info as parameters and "fabricate"
> some of it when compiling inline function. I am unsure which one is the
> preferred way.

Sounds like we have to refactor that code a bit.  Or maybe it should
just be a separate code path.  The current plpgsql compiler is also
pretty intertwined with stuffing all the information about the function
into a persistent memory context, which is something we most definitely
*don't* want for an anonymous code block.  So it's going to take a bit
of work there.  I think pulling the heap tuple apart might be the least
of your worries.