Re: ODBC and COPY - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ODBC and COPY
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Michael Fork <mfork@toledolink.com> writes:
> I have been attempting to use the COPY command in an ADO connection,
> but receive the following error:
> Error while executing the query;
> Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query)
>
> This is PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on i386-unknown-openbsd2.8, compiled by cc with
> the 6.5 version of the PostgresSQL ODBC driver.

Now that I look at it, it looks like the ODBC code only *thinks* it can
cope with the 6.4-and-later FE-to-BE protocol.  It doesn't seem to know
how to do copy in or out under the latest protocol.  Try setting it to
use 6.3 protocol ... the backend should still accept that ...
        regards, tom lane