Re: TODO Item: ACL_CONNECT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gevik Babakhani
Subject Re: TODO Item: ACL_CONNECT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 23:07 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Gevik Babakhani wrote:
>
> > If one is going to revoke the last ACL_CONNECT, a warning is going to
> > issued then that part of the REVOKE gets canceled.
>
> Humm, no, the WARNING is issued but the REVOKE is executed anyway.

I have tested this by applying the patch-0.4.diff of a new src tree.

[gevik@voyager ~]$ createdb
CREATE DATABASE
[gevik@voyager ~]$ psql
Welcome to psql 8.2devel, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help with psql commands      \g
orterminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

gevik=# revoke connection on database gevik from gevik;
REVOKE
gevik=# revoke connection on database gevik from public;
WARNING:  The revoke statement or at least one part of it cannot be
completed on database gevik
DETAIL:  At least one database connection privilege should be granted
for this database
REVOKE
gevik=# select datname,datacl from pg_catalog.pg_database; datname  |           datacl
-----------+----------------------------postgres  |gevik     | {=Tc/gevik,gevik=CT/gevik}template1 |
{=c/gevik,gevik=CTc/gevik}template0| {=c/gevik,gevik=CTc/gevik}

(4 rows)

gevik=#