Re: psql patch: new host/port without leaving session - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: psql patch: new host/port without leaving session
Re: psql patch: new host/port without leaving session
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 19:59 +0200, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> I've written do_connect() and \c handling part from scratch in the
> attached patch.

Attached is a revised version of this patch. I rewrote most of the code,
because the existing stuff was in pretty bad style IMHO. I haven't
updated the documentation yet, but I'll do that if no one objects to
this version of the patch.

One question about behavior: in the attached patch, omitting an argument
to \connect or specifying "-" are treated equivalently -- the value for
that parameter from the previous connection is used, otherwise NULL (for
the libpq default). Is this what people want? (One possible complaint is
that once you specify a parameter, you can't get back to the libpq
default without specifying it explicitly.)

-Neil

Attachment