Re: PGSQL 7.4.8 : idle in transaction problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PGSQL 7.4.8 : idle in transaction problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
FM <dist-list@LEXUM.UMontreal.CA> writes:
> What is strange is that users on all DB (not only DB1) are affected by
> the JBOSS <idle in transaction>.
> I understand that it locked DB1 but why it also locked users on others DB ?

You should define "locked" more carefully: exactly what behavior are you
seeing that you don't like?

If it's a matter of whether VACUUM removes rows or not, that's expected:
open-transaction bookkeeping is done across the whole cluster.  (This is
not something simple to change, since we may have to consider
transaction IDs in shared catalogs.)

            regards, tom lane