Request regarding logs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Christophe Boggio
Subject Request regarding logs
Date
List pgsql-general
When you log pg's activity with statistics enabled you can get this
kind of report :

StartTransactionCommand
query: select * from identity where login='cat';
ProcessQuery
! system usage stats:
!       0.012632 elapsed 0.010000 user 0.000000 system sec
!       [0.030000 user 0.010000 sys total]
!       0/0 [0/0] filesystem blocks in/out
!       49/55 [309/285] page faults/reclaims, 0 [0] swaps
!       0 [0] signals rcvd, 0/0 [0/0] messages rcvd/sent
!       0/0 [0/0] voluntary/involuntary context switches
! postgres usage stats:
!       Shared blocks:         21 read,          0 written, buffer hit rate = 93.27%
!       Local  blocks:          0 read,          0 written, buffer hit rate = 0.00%
!       Direct blocks:          0 read,          0 written
CommitTransactionCommand

The problem is when you have many queries every second, you get all
the lines mixed up : several queries can start before the first
gives the result. And so the stats are useless in production.

Would it be possible to have a unique identifier in the "query:" line
and another one at the beginning of the stats ? Maybe the backend's
PID ? The goal is to write some code to analyze the stats and :
- calculate global stats
- point out the bad queries (and produce the explain plan with the
report)

I posted nearly the same message a few days ago and was surprised not
seeing any answer. I wonder if the question is too stupid and if so
please, someone enlighten me ? Maybe it was meaningless, this
is why I tried to say things differently. My apologies for the ~repost

--
Jean-Christophe Boggio
cat@thefreecat.org