Re: BUG #6021: There is no difference between default and empty access privileges with \dp - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6021: There is no difference between default and empty access privileges with \dp
Date
In response to BUG #6021: There is no difference between default and empty access privileges with \dp  ("psql \dp showing empty Access privileges column for {}" <gszpetkowski@gmail.com>)
Re: BUG #6021: There is no difference between default and empty access privileges with \dp
List pgsql-bugs
"psql \dp showing empty Access privileges column for {}" <gszpetkowski@gmail.com> writes:
> privileges with \dp

Yeah.  It's been like that since forever, and nobody's complained
before, possibly because revoking all privileges for everybody isn't
a particularly useful real-world case.

One possibility is to start showing "default" when the ACL is null,
which would be quite easy to implement:

    COALESCE(array_to_string(c.relacl, E'\n'), 'default')

But that might be too big a change.  Or we could take the opposite
tack of changing the display in the no-privileges case; but I don't
see a similarly compact way to do that.

            regards, tom lane