Re: BUG #12053: Strange behavior for numeric types with unspecified precision-scale - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #12053: Strange behavior for numeric types with unspecified precision-scale
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tommaso Sala <tommaso.sala@cla-it.eu> writes:
> The strange fact is that if you try to write 0.000001, it gets displayed
> correctly

My guess is that the adapter miscomputes dscale in only some situations.

> I'd agree with your proposed solution, if I only set a dscale of 2.
> But I didn't.

You didn't, but the available evidence says that Devart's adapter did.

If you maintain there is some other bug involved, maybe I *should* make
numeric_recv throw an error, just so the blame gets placed clearly.

            regards, tom lane