Re: How do I use the backend APIs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chad
Subject Re: How do I use the backend APIs
Date
Re: How do I use the backend APIs  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks Martijn/Alban,

This look interesting. I'll make some time to try this problem out
using your approach.
I have a few questions like:
-Could I skip the FETCH FORWARD and go straight to the FETCH BACKWARD
i.e. declare cursor to be at "Mal" and go backwards from there or is
the cursor limited to going backward only as far as "Mal"?
-Does the DB avoid transferring the data until the FETCH command?
-When rows change in between opening the cursor and fetching the
changed rows, will the FETCH retrieve the new data or is a snapshot
taken when the cursor is declared ?
-What about concurrency? If a cursor is kept open while other
transactions change the same table or does it cause those writer
transactions to block? Perhaps this is configurable.