Re: R: I: Migrating a very large db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: R: I: Migrating a very large db
Date
List pgsql-general
"Samuele Brignoli" <samuele.brignoli@darpha.com> writes:
> Anyway my db is, I think, very large. I have 700 tables, and someone of
> those are larger than 10000 records.

Hmm.  The number of records per table is not relevant here.  The number
of tables doesn't seem that large either.  We've heard one or two
reports of this error message from people who were trying to dump
databases containing thousands of "large objects", back in the days when
each large object was a separate table and so had its own lock.  But I'm
surprised to hear of it at 700 tables.  Would you be willing to send me
a schema dump (pg_dump -s, no data) of your database for testing?

            regards, tom lane